The TC72 and TC77 adds multiple features that propel it to the head of its class to enable the ultimate retail, delivery, and field associate experience:
- Unmatched Android operating system launching with Android Oreo 8.1 with planned support for “P” and “Q” and Zebra’s LifeguardTM for AndroidTM security support (Android “R” is pending Qualcomm Technical Qualifications)
- Powerful processor and more memory to deliver superior performance for today’s and tomorrow’s most demanding applications
- Zebra’s advanced scanning technology for fast 1D/2D barcode capture with support for virtually all types of barcodes including Digimarc and now with scan buttons on either side of the device
- Compatibility with multiple locationing solutions, supporting a wealth of technologies including Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, Visible Light Communications (VLC) via the 5MP front-facing camera, WiFi plus Zebra’s SmartLens and MPact locationing solutions
- 2X2 Multiple-user Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) technology to improve WiFi range and speed with less power
- Backwards compatibility with TC70x and TC75x accessories and maximizes functionality while minimizing upgrade costs
In addition, the TC72 and TC77 are supported by Zebra’s Mobility DNA solution, the industry's most comprehensive suite of mobility must-haves including innovative Enterprise business applications, application development tools and administration utilities. With over 18 tools supported on the TC72 and TC77, Zebra’s Mobility DNA provides powerful features that no other rugged mobile computer has out there.